Recently, Apple has just released IOS 11, and I am going to share my personal experience with IOS 11 and some battery saving tips.
- Since it released yesterday as expected, there are teething issues, and I am sure Apple will work on it with its future updates. One major drawback is the battery life, and it could be because of new Control Centre. As we all may be aware Apple has come up with a new Control Centre, but according to me, it is not working the way it should. Like if you turn off Bluetooth from the control centre it does not stop it just gets disconnected from the current device it means it is still running in a background so to turn off the Bluetooth go to Settings → Bluetooth → and turn it off (Same applies to WIFI and Personal Hotspot).
- Getting Notification for the apps that you are not using will drain the battery life. So go to Settings → Notification and turn off the notification for the apps you are not using, or you don’t want to get a notification.
- Set the wallpaper to still to save some battery.
- In IOS 11 the Auto Brightness function has been moved to Display Accommodation tab so it is recommended to turn off the Auto Brightness as now you can easily control brightness via Control Centre. To stop Auto Brightness function go to Settings → General → Accessibility → Display Accommodation → Auto Brightness.
- If you are not a Mac user, then you should turn off the Handoff function as you can not use this feature with Windows or with any operating system, go to Settings → General → Handoff to turn off.
- Reduce White Point allows you to darken the whitness of the IOS which will help you to save some battery. Go to Display Accommodation → Reduce White Point and turn on this feature.
- Turn off Background App Refresh.
Location Services uses GPS, Bluetooth so it could drain your battery it is advisable to use While Using option with selected apps where sharing location is necessary. For apps other than these you can simply turn off the location services. Go to Settings → Privacy → Location Services to stop, or you can Select the particular app for which you want location services on and select While Using.
So these are a few of my observations on IOS 11. I’ll update you guys if I come across new tips. Please comment if you found any of the information mentioned in my article useful.
Original Article By: Ganesh Of Digiblogs